Monday, February 23, 2015

PRISONER



I see all his does
I know where he goes
And with whom he goes
But whats the need for caring
When he is happy with someone else
Yet i sit still too frightened to make an expression

For what if an overflow of words
Out of the my painfulness of my heart
Through my lips will lead to our end
Or what if it actually makes a difference
And we get back to how we used to be.

Somehow I've always wanted to convey to you
The pain and sensation in my heart
But still not too brave enough to take chances
Threatened by the thin line between happiness and sorrow
So i'm stuck here in the middle

Stuck inside these walls too afraid to make a sound
For the fear of being heard and singled out
Simply hoping that one day. if not the next i might be set free

Like a victim before the court of law
Too careful for what i say might lead to a lifetime of loneliness
And too conscious of my every move knowing it might impersonate me.
So i just keep mute and deal with all this pain
Until i'm set free.


© 2015, Knaa Anyorkor Odoi. 
All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment